- who : frequent flyers or not , who don’t mind helping in transporting the rescued salukis to their forever homes
We are happy to hear you are flying with Lufthansa, KLM, Austrian Airlines, Air France, Air Canada, Swiss
- why : Regular cost to transport a saluki which is 20-25 kg comes to about AED 3,500-5,000 As a rescue and none profit ASCOD cannot afford transporting Salukis by cargo unless its fully sponsored or paid by the future adopters.
To minimize the cost of the flight and to maximize the help to yet needed salukis we use flight buddies for about 5 years
- Where : Frequently used destinations for Europe are : Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Frankfurt, Munich,Dusseldorf
for USA: San Francisco, New-York, Chicago
- How does it work : Simple and Free of charge for the flight buddy
All we need from you is to present at the checkin in counter whilst saluki is boarding on the plane using your ticket and to actually push the crate on the wheels outside towards the exit where new family is impatiently expecting their precious passenger.
- Documents required : e-ticket copy,passport copy,contact details
- You will be provided with full address of the adopter and their contact details
NOTE : You will be provided with full address of the adopter and their contact details
we are feeling for you and it’s not helping much but we all went through similar experience in the past so first of all stay calm and do the following
- you lost your saluki in the desert : best would be to leave the warm blanket which smells your home along with some food and water, report the missing dog’s microchip to Dubai Municipality.
- you lost your saluki on the streets of your town : make at home a poster with a picture of your saluki along with contact number and award (always helps)
- best places to put your poster are around the area you lost your dog : supermarket door, info boards of the surrounding building,etc..
- make sure you ask permission before placing it
- pay attention to all unknown calls coming to you within next couple of days
- spread the word and inform municipality
- We are happy to share your post on our facebook page, just send us a private message with all the details